Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Socially Awkward

Here's another post about how similar the Vickie's are. Again, it's stated in the title (I need to stop exposing what common things we have in the titles, it ruins the fun)

Not only are we both technical challenged, we are both...not very good at blending into society? (how else can I reword this?) Since we're both socially awkward, that explains why we have been saying we are forever alone. In the process of collecting cats for future needs ;-;!!

 Vy and I are self conscious, we both can't really talk to boys. In fact, talking to boys is out of the question. Whenever we talk to boys, we always kill the convo. HOW DO YOU JUST SIMPLY TALK TO BOYS? They're like a whole different species! O; Not only that, we're not that confident in our looks either, so that adds to the stress. Maybe it's our fault for not being able to talk to boys, but sometimes, I partly blame the other party for saying things like this:
"hmm" "haha, yeah" "Lol"
( I especially get super conscious when I wrote a whole long sentence "with excitment" but in the end, get a reply like above^) :C

A lot of question pops into my head when I get this kind of reply, such as:
"Isn't that telling me that they don't want to talk to me to begin with?"
"Am I that boring?"
"Should I change the topic and continue the convo?"
"But what happens if they say lol and ends convo again?"

Most of the time, it gets so awkward that I make up stupid excuses to get out of it.
"Oops sorry, my mom needs me for the dishes" or " OMG I JUST SAW UFO BRB FOR 1000000 YEARS"

Oh, and we also get nervous when we talk to those "popular" kids in school. You know, that feeling when it feels like you're talking to someone that is completely out of your league or in a different world or something?
I get sick of feeling that way, but no matter what, those kind of popular people are still in this world and roaming about.

OK THIS IS SO SAD NOW THAT I'M REREADING IT!!
goal of the year (continues from prev blog post) : BECOME LESS SOCIALLY AWKWARD ( is that even possible?)

On the positive side though, it's all the cause of our self consciousness that Vy and I can relate and become friends with each other. So, being socially awkward can be a good thing..?

                                                                                                                           -Vickie Z

No comments:

Post a Comment